Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dropping off the kids...

Well, today was the 1st day of school and I have to say it went really well.  Aaron is now a big 3rd grader, and Ryan is in Kindergarten.  Aaron was a little nervous about going back, but as soon as he saw some of his friends he was okay.  I think he's like his momma, and doesn't like change.  Of course, who would choose school over playing at Grandma's house?  He has a new principal and computer teacher this year, so in his mind that meant alot of his classmates wouldn't be back either.  I saw several familiar faces when I dropped him off, so I'm sure he'll be fine.  I haven't met his teacher yet, but there will be a meet and greet next week so we can meet her and see his room then.
Ryan was excited about starting school, so there were no tears or "mommy don't leave me!"  He just walked in and sat down with the other kids.  They were watching a cartoon, which I think was a great way to get the kids minds off where they were and that their parents were leaving.  I've been dreading this day for a while, so I'm glad it went so well.  Now I'm anxious to pick them up and see how their first day went!

No comments:

Post a Comment